Are you feeling stuck in a stress mess, overwhelmed, and overstimulated by the demands of your life? Spread too thin and not prioritizing self-care because you feel like it’s selfish when so many other people need your help? Well, let’s stop for a moment.
How much can we really help others when we’re just scraping by, ourselves? At the end of the day, we’re only really worth as much as we can give, based on the energy we have in the time that we have.
I’m your host, Dr. Heidi Hanna, and in this stress mastery podcast, we’re talking to the experts to find out what they do to use stress as fuel for success and what they do to shift stress in a positive way when they notice it getting out of control.
Because we’re all human, we all get stuck sometimes and we can learn so much from each other when we take an honest look at the patterns that are hurting us and create new patterns that will help us.
So, let’s get ready to master stress together in today’s conversation!
- [1:08] Dr. Hanna welcomes listeners and introduces this week’s guest, her friend Dr. Steve Taubman,bestselling author and world-class speaker who has dedicated his life to showing people how to thrive through their challenges.
- [4:08] Dr. Taubman delves into his relationship with stress through the years, as well as the importance of knowing that stress does not come from outside of the self.
- [5:00] A tip on approaching a person struggling with depression.
- [6:32] Dr. Hanna asks her guest to explain his background and his involvement in hypnosis — a fascinating story.
- [8:45] Is hypnosis scary? And how does it work?
- [10:40] Dr. Taubman expands on the idea of creating our own witness.
- [14:12] Can mindfulness awareness be directed into a pattern shift for people to break their ‘self-hypnosis’? Dr. Taubman’s dark room allegory.
- [16:59] Mindfulness is love.
- [17:54] Heidi asks Steve how he identifies stress, and what his go-to strategies for combating it are.
- [20:15] How Fido can Make you Better at Everything — a Ted Talk that Dr. Taubman hopes he gets to deliver someday!
- [21:50] Dr. Hanna asks Dr. Taubman what his mantra is and wraps up the show until next week.
Don’t miss out on Dr. Steve Taubman’s great freebies!
Click here to get a free chapter of his new book — Buddha In The Trenches: The Timeless System For Developing Unshakable Performance Under Pressure.
Access the Mindfulness Quiz here.
If you enjoyed this conversation, please be sure to subscribe to the stress mastery podcast now for exclusive listener gifts and check out the show notes for links, tips, tools, and techniques.
Until next time, please remember that stressing is a blessing, once you know how to use it for good. It gives us the energy and information to fuel positive change if we’re brave enough to look into it, stay open and curious to what it has to teach us and then adjust our patterns in a way that will give us even more capacity to cope. And when we do that together, we increase the energy we have to bring to the time that we have and we’re better together. So please, be good to yourself, and I’ll see you next week.
Mentioned in this episode:
Book: UnHypnosis: How to Wake Up, Start Over, and Create the Life You’re Meant to Live, by Dr. Steve Taubman
Sales mastery program: The Magic of Inner Selling
Online productivity course: Procrastination Annihilation
Book: Buddha In The Trenches: The Timeless System For Developing Unshakable Performance Under Pressure, by Dr. Steve Taubman
For more information on Dr. Heidi Hanna:
Dr. Hanna on Facebook
For more information on Dr. Hanna’s guest, Steve Taubman:
Dr. Steve Taubman on the Web
Dr. Steve Taubman on Facebook
Dr. Steve Taubman on LinkedIn