with Heidi Hanna
with Heidi Hanna
Are you feeling stuck in a stress mess, overwhelmed, and overstimulated by the demands of your life? Spread too thin and not prioritizing self-care because you feel like it’s selfish when so many other people need your help? Well, let’s stop for a moment.
How much can we really help others when we’re just scraping by, ourselves? At the end of the day, we’re only really worth as much as we can give, based on the energy we have in the time that we have.
I’m your host, Dr. Heidi Hanna, and in this stress mastery podcast, we’re talking to the experts to find out what they do to use stress as fuel for success and what they do to shift stress in a positive way when they notice it getting out of control.
Because we’re all human, we all get stuck sometimes and we can learn so much from each other when we take an honest look at the patterns that are hurting us and create new patterns that will help us.
So, let’s get ready to master stress together in today’s conversation!
- [1:08] Dr. Hanna welcomes listeners and introduces — even though he needs none! — this week’s guest, her very good friend and mentor, John Assaraf. John is one of the leading mindset and behavioral experts in the world; he appeared on many well-known television shows, built five multi-million companies, wrote two New York Times bestselling books and was featured in eight movies. He is also the Founder and CEO of Neurogym.
- [3:00] John jumps right in and explains what innercizing is.
- [4:59] Dr. Hanna asks John to talk about his new book, Ignite My Brain.
- [7:20] John touches on the importance of deactivating the stress response center, first and foremost.
- [9:33] The first two innercises — Take Six/Calm the Circuits and AIA (Awareness, Intention, and Action) — are key to shifting your stress from Frankenstein to Einstein!
- [14:15] Stress is fuel, you just need to learn how to use it.
- [17:33] Dr. Hanna enjoins John to talk a bit about the Neurogym system to drive success as well as the benefits of the Brainathon.
- [20:32] What are John’s go-to strategies to manage his stress levels?
- [23:17] Dr. Hanna asks John what his mantra is and wraps up the show until next week.
Don’t miss out on John Assaraf’s great freebies!
Follow this link to get 8 free innercises when you buy John’s new book, Innercise: The New Science to Unlock Your Brain’s Hidden Power.
If you enjoyed this conversation, please be sure to subscribe to the stress mastery podcast now for exclusive listener gifts and check out the show notes for links, tips, tools, and techniques.
Until next time, please remember that stressing is a blessing, once you know how to use it for good. It gives us the energy and information to fuel positive change if we’re brave enough to look into it, stay open and curious to what it has to teach us and then adjust our patterns in a way that will give us even more capacity to cope. And when we do that together, we increase the energy we have to bring to the time that we have and we’re better together. So please, be good to yourself, and I’ll see you next week.
Mentioned in this episode:
Books by John Assaraf
Book: Innercise: The New Science to Unlock Your Brain’s Hidden Power, by John Assaraf
For more information on Dr. Heidi Hanna:
For more information on Dr. Hanna’s guest, John Assaraf:
Challenge and Explore With Dr. Shelley Carson
Name it to Tame it with Paul Osincup